So what is that? I think it is any easy tool to automate these tasks:
- Select records with the power of SOQL.
- Download attachments on these records by file name search.
- Where possible convert these files to PDF (using the free open office).
- Download apex pages already rendered as PDF to local PDF file for each record.
- Combine these files for each record into one pdf "packet".
- Combine each packet into a master PDF for easy printing.
Please note that this is a rough draft and as such, I full expect bad / incomplete settings will result in errors. Also, please note that it requires a JRE and Open office to run.
Here is a screen shot of the main application:
Please note that you will have to exit and restart after saving your initial preset. These and other bugs will be fixed in a future build.
In the next post, I will explain the settings in greater detail and have a demo video.
Important setting notes:
- Your SOQL statement must be valid - be sure to test it in something like force.com explorer
- This version only works on the opportunity object
- You MUST select both the ID and the Account Name
- You can specify an Order By Clause but if you specify more than one, the first one will be used to group the results in to sub-folders (i.e. by division)
- You only need to include the apex page name and the ?id= for the page url, the rest will be built for you.
- The search file names need to be comma delimited
- If you combine files and get an apex page, the apex page will be the first in the pdf packet generated. Otherwise files will be in the order of searching.